China’s local PE market firms up
LDPE prices recorded a significant increase compared to other grades due to limited supplies for this product. “However, end buyers continue to source on an as needed basis and have no plan to build extra stocks,” stated a distributor. Another distributor commented that the recent stock replenishment ahead of the shutdowns for the G-20 Summit also played a role in the reversal of the trend in the local PE market.
Local prices are quoted within the range of CNY9000-10700/ton ($1367-1626/ton) for LDPE film, CNY8550-9900/ton ($1299-1504/ton) for LLDPE film and CNY9150-9900/ton ($1390-1504/ton) for HDPE film on ex-warehouse, China, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September