China’s local PE market softens, LDPE sees larger drops
When compared to LLDPE film and HDPE film, respectively down by $24-55/ton and $6/ton on a weekly basis; LDPE film prices posted a larger drop of $86/ton this week. This has been the third week in a row LDPE prices declined with cumulative decreases reaching around $150/ton when compared to pre-holiday levels, based on weekly average of ChemOrbis Price Index.
The larger drops in LDPE film prices were attributed to demand as it was seeing the weakest buying interest among PE grades. Players also concur that LDPE prices had peaked in the pre-holiday period and therefore, they are now exposed to downward corrections.
A trader commented, “We believe that PE prices still have room for further decreases considering high stock levels and weak buying interest.”
A second trader stated, “Local PE prices follow futures down. Recently, the lowest done deal is for LDPE film.
Data from ChemOrbis Price Index also shows that LLDPE film prices decreased by $48/ton from pre-holiday levels while HDPE film is only slightly down.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness