China’s local PET market sinks to 4 month low
In Asia, spot MEG prices have decreased by $85/ton since the start of March to be currently reported at around $730/ton CFR China while spot PTA prices have lost around $45/ton over the same period to reach $640/ton with the same terms.
According to traders, local PET prices witnessed week over week decreases of around CNY50-100/ton ($7-29/ton) to be quoted at CNY7550-7750/ton ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT ($937-962/ton without VAT).
A trader operating in Shanghai commented, “Local PET prices dropped further on lower costs, which is pushing buyers to the sidelines despite the high season.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect