China’s local PP, PE markets start 2017 with decreases
On the Dalian Commodity Exchange, May LLDPE futures recorded a week over week decrease of CNY475/ton ($69/ton) on January 5 while May PP futures were CNY624/ton ($91/ton) lower when compared to a week earlier.
According to a trader in China, local prices for both PP and PE witnessed decreases of around CNY300/ton ($44/ton) when compared to last week. “Both Sinopec and CNPC revised their offers downwards by around CNY50-100/ton ($7-15/ton). The producers aren’t feeling much sales pressure, yet their inventory levels have increased recently,” stated the trader.
A Ningbo-based trader also commented, “PP and PE sellers are willing to give discounts nowadays since demand is expected to slow down further in line with the upcoming Chinese New Year holiday. Meanwhile, the import markets are mostly unchanged this week, with buyers refraining from making import purchases.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull