China’s local PP, PE markets start 2017 with decreases
On the Dalian Commodity Exchange, May LLDPE futures recorded a week over week decrease of CNY475/ton ($69/ton) on January 5 while May PP futures were CNY624/ton ($91/ton) lower when compared to a week earlier.
According to a trader in China, local prices for both PP and PE witnessed decreases of around CNY300/ton ($44/ton) when compared to last week. “Both Sinopec and CNPC revised their offers downwards by around CNY50-100/ton ($7-15/ton). The producers aren’t feeling much sales pressure, yet their inventory levels have increased recently,” stated the trader.
A Ningbo-based trader also commented, “PP and PE sellers are willing to give discounts nowadays since demand is expected to slow down further in line with the upcoming Chinese New Year holiday. Meanwhile, the import markets are mostly unchanged this week, with buyers refraining from making import purchases.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers