China’s local PS, ABS markets start week with further increases
A trader active in Xiamen reported that local ABS prices rose by CNY200-250/ton ($31-38/ton) while PS prices also posted increases of around CNY200-300/ton ($31-46/ton) when compared to last week. “Prices have increased a lot recently. However, our sales are still not that strong,” he stated.
A Shanghai-based trader reported that a local Chinese producer implemented an increase of CNY400/ton ($61/ton) on their PS offers while another local producer raised their prices by CNY900/ton ($138/ton) for GPPS and by CNY1000/ton ($153/ton) for HIPS. The trader attributed the recent increases to notable gains in spot styrene costs in Asia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand