China’s local PS, ABS markets start week with further increases
A trader active in Xiamen reported that local ABS prices rose by CNY200-250/ton ($31-38/ton) while PS prices also posted increases of around CNY200-300/ton ($31-46/ton) when compared to last week. “Prices have increased a lot recently. However, our sales are still not that strong,” he stated.
A Shanghai-based trader reported that a local Chinese producer implemented an increase of CNY400/ton ($61/ton) on their PS offers while another local producer raised their prices by CNY900/ton ($138/ton) for GPPS and by CNY1000/ton ($153/ton) for HIPS. The trader attributed the recent increases to notable gains in spot styrene costs in Asia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?