China’s local PVC market dips to almost 9-month low
The persisting downturn in the local PVC prices was led by the sluggish demand, retreating PVC futures on the Dalian Commodity Exchange and high inventory levels. Nowadays, many buyers are sidelined due to the expectations of additional price cuts, considering the aforementioned bearish factors.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
“Local PVC prices have continued to fall this week amid the declining future markets. Sellers are feeling sales pressure due to their high inventory levels; therefore they are willing to give some discounts. Buyers are also waiting for further declines,” commented a compounder.
An ethylene-based PVC resin producer also said that they cut their offers by CNY100/ton ($15/ton) this week as demand is still weak in China and buyers are expecting to see additional decreases in the days ahead. “We think that local prices are likely to go down further for at least another two weeks in order to consume high stock levels,” added the producer.
Players also point out that demand from construction sector is also disappointing although it was expected to improve at this time of year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness