China’s local PVC market dips to almost 9-month low
The persisting downturn in the local PVC prices was led by the sluggish demand, retreating PVC futures on the Dalian Commodity Exchange and high inventory levels. Nowadays, many buyers are sidelined due to the expectations of additional price cuts, considering the aforementioned bearish factors.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
“Local PVC prices have continued to fall this week amid the declining future markets. Sellers are feeling sales pressure due to their high inventory levels; therefore they are willing to give some discounts. Buyers are also waiting for further declines,” commented a compounder.
An ethylene-based PVC resin producer also said that they cut their offers by CNY100/ton ($15/ton) this week as demand is still weak in China and buyers are expecting to see additional decreases in the days ahead. “We think that local prices are likely to go down further for at least another two weeks in order to consume high stock levels,” added the producer.
Players also point out that demand from construction sector is also disappointing although it was expected to improve at this time of year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Styrene prices sink to multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- European PET posts double-digit decreases for October
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia