China’s local PVC market dips to almost 9-month low
The persisting downturn in the local PVC prices was led by the sluggish demand, retreating PVC futures on the Dalian Commodity Exchange and high inventory levels. Nowadays, many buyers are sidelined due to the expectations of additional price cuts, considering the aforementioned bearish factors.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
“Local PVC prices have continued to fall this week amid the declining future markets. Sellers are feeling sales pressure due to their high inventory levels; therefore they are willing to give some discounts. Buyers are also waiting for further declines,” commented a compounder.
An ethylene-based PVC resin producer also said that they cut their offers by CNY100/ton ($15/ton) this week as demand is still weak in China and buyers are expecting to see additional decreases in the days ahead. “We think that local prices are likely to go down further for at least another two weeks in order to consume high stock levels,” added the producer.
Players also point out that demand from construction sector is also disappointing although it was expected to improve at this time of year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe
- Mixed expectations in Asian PVC markets ahead of Taiwanese major’s June pricing