China’s local PVC market rebounds from 5-month low
According to weekly average prices on ChemOrbis Price Wizard, local acetylene and ethylene based PVC prices have witnessed an uptick recently after following a mostly decreasing trend since early September.
A source from an acetylene based PVC producer noted, “Local prices have firmed up this week on the back of the rebound in the futures market. Meanwhile, our export offers also increased by $20/ton, following firmer local prices.”
A trader commented, “The local PVC market has turned up slightly since the end of last week given firmer futures. We think the route of the local market will depend on the movements of the futures market.”
A Taiwanese trader commented, “China’s local market is improving this week. We hope this firming will sustain in the next days and support a Taiwanese major’s new prices.”
Meanwhile, Asian PVC players are now waiting for the January announcement of a Taiwanese major in order to see whether the ongoing weak sentiment will come to an end or continue. Some players believe that there is no room for further decreases in the major’s new offers as prices already came down to a certain level within the last few months.
Apart from the recent rebound in China’s local market, modest increases seen in the Indian market over the past week as well as firmer ethylene prices in Asia are expected to give a stronger hand to the Taiwanese major. However, others still argue that more-than-sufficient supplies in India and Southeast Asia along with a possible destocking activity ahead of the year-end may overshadow these firming expectations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe
- Mixed expectations in Asian PVC markets ahead of Taiwanese major’s June pricing
- Global PET markets sustain bullish run on tightness, healthy demand