China’s major oil firms report weaker financial results for Q3
Meanwhile, Sinopec’s net profit dipped more dramatically in the third quarter. The company reported a CNY1.64 billion ($259 million) net income, down around 91.5% from the same period of 2014.
Similarly, CNOOC Limited reported that its oil and gas sales revenue plunged 32.2% from a year earlier to around CNY6.25 billion ($987 million) in the July-September period. However, the company’s total net production in the third quarter climbed 23.8% on the year to 127.5 million barrels of oil per day (bpd). Net production from offshore China reached 83.3 million bpd, up 28.2% from a year earlier owing to higher production from newly commenced projects in Bohai and the Eastern South China Sea.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount