China’s manufacturing PMI hits 3-year low in November
However, China’s non-manufacturing PMI rose to a reading of 53.6 from October’s 53.1, which helped offset the slowdown in China’s manufacturing activities. The official PMI report showed that readings of output, new orders, inventories and employment all weakened in November from a month earlier.
However, another manufacturing PMI released by Caixin and Markit Economics revealed that China’s manufacturing index increased to 48.6 in November, beating economists’ expectations calling for a reading of 48.3. This index includes more small and medium sized companies compared with the official data, which focuses mostly on larger firms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months