China’s manufacturing PMI hits 6 years low in Sept
Analysts commented that persistent weakness in China’s export-led manufacturing sector may force the government to further devalue the yuan in the upcoming months.
Since November 2014, the government has cut the main interest rates five times, offered tax breaks for businesses and accelerated approvals for infrastructure projects in efforts to stimulate the economy.
In 2015, the Chinese government targets economic grow of around 7%, which would be the slowest growth rate seen in more than two decades.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?