China’s manufacturing PMI hits four-month low in June
The data showed that new orders index contracted in June while output index climbed to a reading of 52.5 in June from 52.3 in the previous month. The employment sub-index also declined to a reading of 47.9 from 48.2 in May.
The private Caixin Purchasing Managers’ Index also recorded the lowest level in four months. The index fell to a reading of 48.6 in June compared with 49.2 in May.
Some economists commented that the Chinese government must take further stimulus in order to boost the sluggish economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops