China’s manufacturing PMI hits four-month low in June
The data showed that new orders index contracted in June while output index climbed to a reading of 52.5 in June from 52.3 in the previous month. The employment sub-index also declined to a reading of 47.9 from 48.2 in May.
The private Caixin Purchasing Managers’ Index also recorded the lowest level in four months. The index fell to a reading of 48.6 in June compared with 49.2 in May.
Some economists commented that the Chinese government must take further stimulus in order to boost the sluggish economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US HDPE, LLDPE fall below $800 in Turkey; does further weakness lurk ahead?
- SE Asia’s import homo-PP market sinks to 3-and-a-half year low
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters