China’s manufacturing PMI remains stable in September
The index for factory output rose to a reading of 52.8 from August’s 52.6 while the index for total new orders fell to a reading of 50.9 from the previous month’s reading of 51.3. According to some economists, the past few months’ figures indicate positive economic growth, however, government spending and stronger property market remain a risk.
Sectors including high-tech, auto manufacturing and shipbuilding saw a strong increase while the sub-index for employment posted a slight increase to 48.6 from 48.4 in August.
Meanwhile, another PMI index compiled by Caixin/Markit increased to a reading of 50.1 in September from 50.0 in August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand