China’s manufacturing PMI remains stable in September
The index for factory output rose to a reading of 52.8 from August’s 52.6 while the index for total new orders fell to a reading of 50.9 from the previous month’s reading of 51.3. According to some economists, the past few months’ figures indicate positive economic growth, however, government spending and stronger property market remain a risk.
Sectors including high-tech, auto manufacturing and shipbuilding saw a strong increase while the sub-index for employment posted a slight increase to 48.6 from 48.4 in August.
Meanwhile, another PMI index compiled by Caixin/Markit increased to a reading of 50.1 in September from 50.0 in August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets weighed by falling feedstock costs
- Run rate cuts managed to prop up Asian ethylene, propylene prices
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner
- Container freight rate slump deepens as weak demand seems here to stay