China’s manufacturing PMI remains stable in September
The index for factory output rose to a reading of 52.8 from August’s 52.6 while the index for total new orders fell to a reading of 50.9 from the previous month’s reading of 51.3. According to some economists, the past few months’ figures indicate positive economic growth, however, government spending and stronger property market remain a risk.
Sectors including high-tech, auto manufacturing and shipbuilding saw a strong increase while the sub-index for employment posted a slight increase to 48.6 from 48.4 in August.
Meanwhile, another PMI index compiled by Caixin/Markit increased to a reading of 50.1 in September from 50.0 in August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect