China’s manufacturing PMI remains stable in September
The index for factory output rose to a reading of 52.8 from August’s 52.6 while the index for total new orders fell to a reading of 50.9 from the previous month’s reading of 51.3. According to some economists, the past few months’ figures indicate positive economic growth, however, government spending and stronger property market remain a risk.
Sectors including high-tech, auto manufacturing and shipbuilding saw a strong increase while the sub-index for employment posted a slight increase to 48.6 from 48.4 in August.
Meanwhile, another PMI index compiled by Caixin/Markit increased to a reading of 50.1 in September from 50.0 in August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe