China’s manufacturing PMI remains stable in September
The index for factory output rose to a reading of 52.8 from August’s 52.6 while the index for total new orders fell to a reading of 50.9 from the previous month’s reading of 51.3. According to some economists, the past few months’ figures indicate positive economic growth, however, government spending and stronger property market remain a risk.
Sectors including high-tech, auto manufacturing and shipbuilding saw a strong increase while the sub-index for employment posted a slight increase to 48.6 from 48.4 in August.
Meanwhile, another PMI index compiled by Caixin/Markit increased to a reading of 50.1 in September from 50.0 in August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters
- Year-end stock clearing adds to bearish PE trend in SE Asia
- Tax on plastic packaging causes jitters among Italian players