China’s manufacturing slows to 11 month low in March: HSBC
Analysts commented that the latest data may pressure the government to provide more policy easing to boost the economy if the official data also indicates a slowdown in manufacturing activity.
According to data released by China’s National Bureau of Statistics, the country’s industrial output and retail sales also fell below estimates in the January-February period, which may signal a further slowdown in economic growth. The Chinese government cut their economic growth target for 2015 to around 7% after the economy slowed to 24-year low in 2014 with a growth rate of 7.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins