China’s manufacturing slows to 11 month low in March: HSBC
Analysts commented that the latest data may pressure the government to provide more policy easing to boost the economy if the official data also indicates a slowdown in manufacturing activity.
According to data released by China’s National Bureau of Statistics, the country’s industrial output and retail sales also fell below estimates in the January-February period, which may signal a further slowdown in economic growth. The Chinese government cut their economic growth target for 2015 to around 7% after the economy slowed to 24-year low in 2014 with a growth rate of 7.4%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?