China’s overall PE imports surge to all-time high in Q1
The country’s total HDPE imports climbed by around 0.5% from a year earlier in the January-March period to reach more than 1.7 million tons. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of HDPE to China with around 430.000 tons.
As for LLDPE, China’s imports surged 30% on the year to be reported at around 987.000 tons in the first quarter, with Singapore standing at the top of the import list.
The country’s LDPE imports witnessed a yearly increase of around 20% to reach 705.000 tons in the first three months of the year. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with around 142.000 tons.
Meanwhile, in March 2018, China’s overall PE imports jumped 19% from a year earlier to reach around 1.3 million tons, with Saudi Arabia, Iran and the United Arab Emirates standing at the top of the import list.
You can track China’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product (For members only).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance
- Asian ethylene slumps on supply glut
- Ebbing demand in India weighs on April PVC outlook
- Asian PET markets trend higher on firmer costs, nearing high season