China’s overall PE imports surge to all-time high in Q1
The country’s total HDPE imports climbed by around 0.5% from a year earlier in the January-March period to reach more than 1.7 million tons. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of HDPE to China with around 430.000 tons.
As for LLDPE, China’s imports surged 30% on the year to be reported at around 987.000 tons in the first quarter, with Singapore standing at the top of the import list.
The country’s LDPE imports witnessed a yearly increase of around 20% to reach 705.000 tons in the first three months of the year. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with around 142.000 tons.
Meanwhile, in March 2018, China’s overall PE imports jumped 19% from a year earlier to reach around 1.3 million tons, with Saudi Arabia, Iran and the United Arab Emirates standing at the top of the import list.
You can track China’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product (For members only).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low
- Homo PP offers below $1000 pervade China’s import market
- PP, PE prices in Mid-East and Africa set to remain weak until end of Q3