China’s overall PE imports surge to all-time high in Q1
The country’s total HDPE imports climbed by around 0.5% from a year earlier in the January-March period to reach more than 1.7 million tons. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of HDPE to China with around 430.000 tons.
As for LLDPE, China’s imports surged 30% on the year to be reported at around 987.000 tons in the first quarter, with Singapore standing at the top of the import list.
The country’s LDPE imports witnessed a yearly increase of around 20% to reach 705.000 tons in the first three months of the year. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with around 142.000 tons.
Meanwhile, in March 2018, China’s overall PE imports jumped 19% from a year earlier to reach around 1.3 million tons, with Saudi Arabia, Iran and the United Arab Emirates standing at the top of the import list.
You can track China’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product (For members only).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS prices see more-than-a-year low in Asia, Europe
- Styrene prices sink to multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- European PET posts double-digit decreases for October
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low