China’s overall PE imports surge to all-time high in Q1
The country’s total HDPE imports climbed by around 0.5% from a year earlier in the January-March period to reach more than 1.7 million tons. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of HDPE to China with around 430.000 tons.
As for LLDPE, China’s imports surged 30% on the year to be reported at around 987.000 tons in the first quarter, with Singapore standing at the top of the import list.
The country’s LDPE imports witnessed a yearly increase of around 20% to reach 705.000 tons in the first three months of the year. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with around 142.000 tons.
Meanwhile, in March 2018, China’s overall PE imports jumped 19% from a year earlier to reach around 1.3 million tons, with Saudi Arabia, Iran and the United Arab Emirates standing at the top of the import list.
You can track China’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product (For members only).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?