China’s overall PE imports surge to all-time high in Q1
The country’s total HDPE imports climbed by around 0.5% from a year earlier in the January-March period to reach more than 1.7 million tons. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of HDPE to China with around 430.000 tons.
As for LLDPE, China’s imports surged 30% on the year to be reported at around 987.000 tons in the first quarter, with Singapore standing at the top of the import list.
The country’s LDPE imports witnessed a yearly increase of around 20% to reach 705.000 tons in the first three months of the year. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with around 142.000 tons.
Meanwhile, in March 2018, China’s overall PE imports jumped 19% from a year earlier to reach around 1.3 million tons, with Saudi Arabia, Iran and the United Arab Emirates standing at the top of the import list.
You can track China’s imports on a monthly/yearly and cumulative basis by country and by product (For members only).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- June expectations surface in Mid-Eastern, African polyolefin markets
- China’s local PVC market retreats from 8-month high
- Initial June PE offers to SEA signal firming despite buyers’ resistance
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally