China’s plastics production up 1% in 2015
Among the main product groups, production for plastic films rose 3.4% in 2015 to reach 13.138 million tons from 12.710 million tons in 2014 while film output increased 9.1% to 1.292 million tons in December from 1.184 million tons from a year earlier.
Agriculture film production rose 5.1% to reach 2.310 million tons last year from 2.198 million tons in 2014 while foamed plastic output jumped 11.8% to 2.450 million tons from 2.192 million tons in the same period of 2014.
Production for household plastics products also edged up 0.7% in 2015 to reach 5.927 million tons from 5.887 million tons in 2014. However, production for plastic leather and synthetic leather declined 6.2% to 3.438 million tons in 2015 from 3.664 million tons in 2014.
Production of other plastic products was reported at 48.344 million tons in 2015, up 0.28% from 48.207 million tons in 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia