China’s polymer imports decline 4.8% in November
The top five polymer exporters to China in November were South Korea (195,952 tons), Saudi Arabia (180,060 tons), Taiwan (165,346 tons), Singapore (144,585 tons) and Iran (134,398 tons).
In November, the country’s LDPE imports decreased by 4.8% month over month to reach 182,434 tons while imports jumped about 14.4% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 46,409 tons, followed by Qatar (20,197 tons).
China’s HDPE imports were down 11.8% from October to 395,687 tons in November while imports jumped 9.5% on a year over year basis. Iran was the top supplier to China in November with 81,890 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (78,654 tons), the United Arab Emirates (58,756 tons) and South Korea (40,846 tons).
LLDPE imports were up by 8.8% on a monthly basis in November while they jumped 30.4% when compared to November 2014 to reach 207,492 tons. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 62,264 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (33,166 tons) and Thailand (30,408 tons).
Imports for homo-PP were slightly up by around 0.2% on the month to reach 264,657 tons in November, while they also rose by 1% when compared to the same month of the previous year. South Korea stood at the top of the homo-PP import list with 66,632 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 47,939 tons.
PP copolymer imports also posted an increase of 2.3% month over month to reach 108,466 tons in November. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 28,321 tons, followed by Taiwan (24,947 tons) and South Korea (19,626 tons).
China’s PVC imports climbed 13.7% on the month to 53,971 tons in November. The top PVC exporter to China in November was the United States (22,642 tons), followed by Taiwan (14,240 tons) and Japan (13,259 tons).
China’s PS imports increased 6.2% on a monthly basis to reach 44,282 tons in November. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in November with 14,255 tons.
Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for November edged higher by 1.5% on the month to reach 116,909 tons. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 63,955 tons, followed by South Korea (34,584 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low