China’s polymer imports decline in November
China’s LDPE imports posted a monthly decrease of 5.1% to reach 156,501 tons while they were down 12.4% year over year. The top LDPE supplier was Iran with 48,811 tons, followed by South Korea (18,878 tons). LLDPE imports climbed 2.4% month over month to reach 158,751 tons in November while they were down 30% on the year, with Singapore standing at the top of the LLDPE import list with 44,838 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (31,650 tons).
Meanwhile, the country’s HDPE imports increased 2.8% month over month to 358,124 tons in November. Iran was the top supplier to China with 86,035 tons of HDPE, followed by Saudi Arabia (77,059 tons), the United Arab Emirates (52,001 tons) and South Korea (41,838 tons). When compared to November 2013, China’s HDPE imports edged down around 22%.
Imports for homo-PP retreated 7.5% from the previous month to reach 261,627 tons. On a yearly basis, homo-PP imports were down around 24%. The top exporter to China was South Korea (71,554 tons), followed by Saudi Arabia (50,728 tons) and Singapore (28,453 tons). PP copolymer imports dropped 1% from October to 104,091 tons. Taiwan was the top exporter to China with 23,557 tons followed by Singapore (21,943 tons) and South Korea (19,698 tons).
For PVC, imports moved up 12% month on month to 55,483 tons while year-over-year imports decreased 2.6%. The top exporter was the United States with 22,464 tons, followed by Taiwan (18,743 tons) and Japan (10,189 tons).
China’s PS imports were up 1% month over month to 46,280 tons in November, while imports slumped 36% from a year earlier. Taiwan was the top supplier with 17,131 tons.
The top five polymer exporters to China in November were South Korea (212,678 tons), Saudi Arabia (182,983 tons), Taiwan (154,262 tons), Iran (137,870 tons) and Singapore (106,733 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion