China’s polymer imports decrease in April
Polymer imports dipped around 22% on the month in April to 1,532,319 tons from a record high of 1,963,999 tons in March. On a yearly basis, however, imports were up by 11.3% compared with the same month of 2014. The top five polymer exporters to China in April were Saudi Arabia (243,277 tons), South Korea (226,261 tons), Taiwan (185,650 tons), Iran (142,584 tons) and Singapore (136,709 tons).
In April 2015, the country’s LDPE imports declined by 13.1% month over month to reach 197,233 tons while imports rose around 21% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 38,588 tons, followed by South Korea (22,869 tons).
LLDPE imports fell 22.3% on a monthly basis to reach 244,293 tons in April. However, imports were up by 14.3% when compared to April 2014. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 56,432 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (50,100 tons) and Thailand (26,960 tons).
China’s HDPE imports declined by 24.2% from March to 452,353 tons in April although imports were up 20.2% on a year over year basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China in April with 93,149 tons, followed by Iran (85,870 tons), the United Arab Emirates (67,138 tons) and South Korea (56,224 tons).
Imports for homo-PP dropped around 27% on the month to reach 286,825 tons in April while they edged higher by 1.4% when compared to the same month of the previous year. South Korea stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 69,771 tons.
PP copolymer imports decreased around 28% month over month to 112,785 tons in April. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 29,633 tons followed by Taiwan (28,448 tons) and South Korea (17,597 tons).
For PVC, imports slumped 35.3% month on month to 53,061 tons in April. The top PVC exporter to China in April was Taiwan (19,875 tons), followed by Japan (16,503 tons) and the USA (12,661 tons).
China’s PS imports were also down around 8.5% month over month to 53,548 tons in April. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in April with 19,228 tons.
Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for April posted a decrease of around 2.2% on the month to reach 129,900 tons while they were also down around 0.6% year over year. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 70,869 tons, followed by South Korea (41,589 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East