China’s polymer imports decrease in April
The top five polymer exporters to China in April were Saudi Arabia (182,984 tons), South Korea (176,557 tons), Iran (173,917 tons), Taiwan (171,178 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (156,360 tons).
In April, LDPE imports increased 6% on a yearly basis to be reported at 180,927 tons while they were down by around 17% from a month earlier. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 58,265 tons, followed by Qatar (16,055 tons).
HDPE imports rose by around 2.5% in April when compared to the same month of 2016 to reach 483,357 tons. On a monthly basis, however, HDPE imports decreased 27%. Iran was the top supplier with 103,565 tons, followed by the United Arab Emirates (85,223 tons), Saudi Arabia (80,844 tons) and United States (54,723).
China’s LLDPE imports declined around 4% on a yearly basis to reach 199,970 tons in April while they also retreated by 18.5% when compared to March. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China with 46,820 tons, followed by Singapore (31,864 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (25,635 tons).
Imports for homo-PP decreased around 4.5% on the year to reach 235,165 tons in April. On a monthly basis, homo-PP imports declined by around 27.5% as well. South Korea remained at the top of the homo-PP import list with 66,686 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (34,221 tons) and Singapore (25,604 tons).
PP copolymer imports were down by around 6.5% year over year to reach 106,092 tons in April. On a monthly basis, PP copolymer imports declined around 32%. Taiwan became the top exporter to China with 29,814 tons, followed by Singapore (22,843 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (14,024 tons).
China imported 56,959 tons of PVC in April, climbed by around 13% from the same month of 2016. On a monthly basis, PVC imports declined 23%. The US stood at the top of the April PVC import list with 24,931, followed by Taiwan (18,424 tons) and Japan (10,814 tons).
Imports for PS decreased around 18% on a year over year basis to reach 36,978 tons in April. When compared to March, they were down by around 8% as well. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China with 16,403 tons.
For ABS, the country’s April imports posted a yearly decrease of 3.5% while they were down by around 5.5% from a month earlier as well. Taiwan was at the top of the ABS import list with 63,172 tons, followed by South Korea (30,866 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May