China’s polymer imports decrease on year in January
The top five polymer exporters to China in January were South Korea (247,982 tons), Saudi Arabia (218,208 tons), Taiwan (198,730 tons), Singapore (145,887 tons) and Iran (126,647 tons).
In January 2015, the country’s LDPE imports slightly retreated by 2.2% month over month to reach 179,559 tons while imports plunged 28% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 36,186 tons, followed by Qatar (26,903 tons).
LLDPE imports decreased 21% on a yearly basis to reach 215,877 tons in January, Singapore was the top supplier to China with 67,449 tons, followed by Thailand (41,997 tons) and Saudi Arabia (39,296 tons). China’s HDPE imports in January dropped 6% from December to reach 402,073 tons while they were also down 23% on a year over year basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China in January with 85,684 tons of HDPE, followed by Iran (84,020 tons), South Korea (50,910 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (50,149 tons).
Imports for homo-PP slumped 29% on the year to reach 319,810 tons in January while they were up 8.4% when compared to the previous month. South Korea stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 76,639 tons. PP copolymer imports rose around 5% year over year to reach 129,028 tons. In January, Singapore was the top exporter to China with 27,536 tons followed by Taiwan (26,898 tons) and South Korea (26,165 tons).
For PVC, imports moved up 14% month on month to 80,142 tons in January while year-over-year imports also climbed 9%. The top PVC exporter to China in January was Taiwan (28,213 tons), followed by the USA (24,199 tons) and Japan (18,735 tons).
China’s PS imports were down around 39% year over year to 46,037 tons in January. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in January with 18,842 tons.
Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for January posted a yearly increase of 14% to reach 142,989 tons while they were up around 7.5% month over month. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 79,369 tons, followed by South Korea (44,515 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF