China’s polymer imports fall for 3rd straight month in June
The top five polymer exporters to China in June were South Korea (198,923 tons), Saudi Arabia (169,998 tons), Taiwan (154,035 tons), Iran (138,585 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (118,779 tons).
In June, the country’s LDPE imports declined by around 12% month over month to reach 167,188 tons while imports rose about 10% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 40,370 tons, followed by South Korea (20,294 tons).
LLDPE imports fell 21% on a monthly basis to reach 172,382 tons in June. LLDPE imports were also down by 3.1% when compared to June 2014. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China with 35,484 tons, followed by Singapore (34,240 tons) and Thailand (23,306 tons).
China’s HDPE imports decreased by 2.2% from May to 402,071 tons in June while imports were down by 3.8% on a year over year basis. Iran was the top supplier to China in June with 86,195 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (75,883 tons), the United Arab Emirates (63,709 tons) and South Korea (43,199 tons).
Imports for homo-PP were up by 3% on the month to reach 258,203 tons in June while they slipped 10% when compared to the same month of the previous year. South Korea stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 67,950 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 42,091 tons.
PP copolymer imports decreased around 12% month over month to 92,028 tons in June. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 21,850 tons, followed by Taiwan (21,007 tons) and South Korea (15,425 tons).
China’s PVC imports rose 2% for a second month in a row to 56,573 tons in June. The top PVC exporter to China in June was the USA (19,762 tons), followed by Taiwan (18,001 tons) and Japan (14,450 tons).
Meanwhile, China’s PS imports fell 24% month over month to 35,207 tons in June. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in June with 16,540 tons.
The country’s ABS imports for June posted a decrease of 5% on the month to 118,404 tons while imports were also down around 9.6% year over year. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 62,252 tons, followed by South Korea (40,033 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect