China’s polymer imports fall for 3rd straight month in May
The top five polymer exporters to China in May were South Korea (196,919 tons), Iran (185,293 tons), Saudi Arabia (184,849 tons), Taiwan (151,993 tons) and Singapore (108,356 tons).
In May, the country’s LDPE imports declined 19% when compared to the same month of 2015 to be reported at 153,294 tons while it was down by around 10.2% compared with April’s 170,703 tons. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 41,654 tons, followed by South Korea (17,088 tons).
China’s HDPE imports edged up about 0.3% from a year earlier to reach 412,612 tons in May while imports decreased by 12.5% when compared with the previous month. Iran was the top supplier to China in May with 121,545 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (73,941 tons), the United Arab Emirates (47,176 tons) and South Korea (41,034 tons).
LLDPE imports fell about 9.6% on a yearly basis to reach 197,834 tons in May while they were down by around 5.2% when compared to the 218,979 tons of imports recorded in April.
Singapore was the top supplier to China with 41,534 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (37,756 tons) and Thailand (20,275 tons).
Imports for homo-PP fell 1.5% on the year to reach 246,549 tons in May. South Korea remained at the top of the homo-PP import list with 61,314 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (49,859 tons) and Singapore (27,402 tons). On a monthly basis, meanwhile, China’s homo PP imports also slid around 0.2% in May.
PP copolymer imports posted a decrease of 7.7% year over year to reach 96,524 tons in May while declining by 14.8% from a month earlier. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 26,562 tons, followed by Taiwan (24,099 tons) and South Korea (17,733 tons).
China’s PVC imports, meanwhile, decreased around 3.5% on the year to 53,534 tons in May. The top PVC exporter to China in May was the United States (25,515 tons), followed by Japan (12,337 tons) and Taiwan (9,962 tons). Compared with April, China’s PVC imports rose around 6.4% in May.
China’s PS imports slid 18.5% on a yearly basis to 37,660 tons in May. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in May with 12,287 tons, followed by Hong Kong with 6,365 tons. China’s May PS imports also witnessed a decrease of around 16.7% from April.
The country’s ABS imports for May declined 5.3% on the year to 117,953 tons. Taiwan was at the top of the ABS import list with 63,307 tons, followed by South Korea (38,469 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets