China’s polymer imports increase 11% in October
The top five polymer exporters to China in October were South Korea (187,163 tons), Saudi Arabia (180,381 tons), Iran (174,173 tons), Taiwan (164,572 tons) and Singapore (136,620 tons).
In October, the country’s LDPE imports decreased by 5% month over month to reach 191,793 tons while imports jumped about 16% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 52,648 tons, followed by Qatar (24,815 tons).
China’s HDPE imports were up 4% from September to 448,781 tons in October while imports jumped 22% on a year over year basis. Iran was the top supplier to China in October with 113,359 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (76,476 tons), the United Arab Emirates (60,406 tons) and South Korea (45,550 tons). China’s HDPE imports from Iran were up by around 49% on a monthly basis, hitting the highest level recorded so far this year.
LLDPE imports were slightly down by 2% on a monthly basis in October while they jumped 47% when compared to October 2014 to reach 227,524 tons, the largest amount recorded for October since 2003 when ChemOrbis began keeping records. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 66,079 tons, followed by Thailand (42,193 tons) and Saudi Arabia (31,560 tons).
Imports for homo-PP were down by around 11% on the month to reach 263,936 tons in October, while they also declined by 7% when compared to the same month of the previous year. South Korea stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 58,634 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 53,112 tons.
PP copolymer imports dropped around 1.7% month over month to 106,076 tons in October. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 23,278 tons, followed by Taiwan (21,699 tons) and South Korea (16,392 tons).
China’s PVC imports retreated by 17% on the month to 47,453 tons in October. The top PVC exporter to China in October was the United States (17,642 tons), followed by Taiwan (13,652 tons) and Japan (12,578 tons).
China’s PS imports edged down by around 0.9% on a monthly basis to reach 41,709 tons in October. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in October with 16,675 tons. Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for October posted a drop of 2% on the month to reach 115,157 tons. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 65,416 tons, followed by South Korea (34,136 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?