China’s polymer imports increase in August
The top five polymer exporters to China in August were South Korea (211,528 tons), Saudi Arabia (194,515 tons), Iran (147,532 tons), Taiwan (180,906 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (135,605 tons).
In August, the country’s LDPE imports declined 17% when compared to the same month of 2015 to be reported at 144,964 tons while they were also down by around 13% compared with July’s 167,074 tons. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 26,633 tons, followed by Qatar (20,912 tons).
China’s HDPE imports increased by 20% from a year earlier to reach 476,845 tons in August while imports were also up by about 16% when compared with the previous month. Iran was the top supplier to China in July with 112,535 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (96,004 tons), the United Arab Emirates (60,255 tons) and South Korea (46,208 tons).
LLDPE imports increased about 14% on a yearly basis to reach 236,374 tons in August while they were up by around 17% when compared to the 201,513 tons of imports recorded in July. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 65,074 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (41,577 tons) and Thailand (21,974 tons).
Imports for homo-PP fell 11% on the year to reach 247,822 tons in August. South Korea remained at the top of the homo-PP import list with 70,402 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (36,155 tons) and Singapore (29,962 tons). On a monthly basis, China’s homo PP imports also increased around 6% in August.
PP copolymer imports rose around 3% year over year to reach 108,774 tons in August while falling by around 1.9% from a month earlier. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 30,705 tons, followed by Taiwan (27,746 tons) and South Korea (16,220 tons).
China’s PVC imports, meanwhile, fell by around 11% on the year to 47,592 tons in July. The top PVC exporter to China in August was the United States (16,206 tons), followed by Taiwan (16,047 tons) and Japan (11,389 tons). Compared with July, China’s PVC imports fell around 11.9% in August.
China’s PS imports were up by 2.5% on a yearly basis to 40,525 tons in August. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in August with 16,013 tons, followed by Hong Kong with 7,608 tons. On the other hand, China’s August PS imports witnessed a decrease of around 4.6% from July.
The country’s ABS imports for August rose 9.2% on the year to 131,832 tons. Taiwan was at the top of the ABS import list with 70,906 tons, followed by South Korea (42,862 tons). On a monthly basis, China’s ABS imports also climbed by 2.6% compared with July’s 128,382 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem