China’s polymer imports post decreases in October
China’s LDPE imports posted a monthly decrease of 7% to reach 164,988 tons while they were up around 38% on the year. The top LDPE supplier was Iran with 49,032 tons, followed by South Korea (20,752 tons). LLDPE imports slumped 34% month over month to reach 155,053 tons in October, with Singapore standing at the top of the LLDPE import list with 40,542 tons, followed by Thailand (29,985 tons).
Meanwhile, the country’s HDPE imports climbed 4.5% month over month to 348,232 tons in October. Iran was the top supplier to China with 107,820 tons of HDPE, followed by Saudi Arabia (60,066 tons), South Korea (39,708 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (34,321 tons).
Imports for homo-PP retreated 8.8% from the previous month to reach 283,136 tons. On a yearly basis, homo-PP imports were up around 7.8%. The top exporter to China was South Korea (72,132 tons), followed by Saudi Arabia (53,909 tons) and Singapore (32,990 tons). PP copolymer imports climbed 4.8% from September to 105,103 tons. Taiwan was the top exporter to China with 23,069 tons followed by South Korea (19,780 tons) and Singapore (19,227 tons).
For PVC, imports declined 9% month on month to 49,713 tons while year-over-year imports decreased 27%. The top exporter was the United States with 22,298 tons, followed by Taiwan (11,464 tons) and Japan (10,391 tons).
China’s PS imports were slightly down by 0.4% month over month to 45,810 tons in October, while imports slumped 35% from a year earlier. Taiwan was the top supplier with 17,433 tons.
The top five polymer exporters to China in October were South Korea (209,111 tons), Iran (162,832 tons), Saudi Arabia (160,296 tons), Taiwan (141,843 tons) and Singapore (102,888 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports