China’s polymer imports post slight drops in August
The top five polymer exporters to China in August were South Korea (203,593 tons), Saudi Arabia (163,792 tons), Taiwan (159,102 tons), United Arab Emirates (157,286 tons) and Singapore (141,332 tons). Iran, which was among the top five polymer exporters to China in the previous month, came in behind Singapore with 120,800 tons in August. China’s polymer imports from the country were down by 20% on a monthly basis.
In August, the country’s LDPE imports decreased by around 1.2% month over month to reach 175,464 tons while imports jumped about 17% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 35,372 tons, followed by the United Arab Emirates (28,178 tons).
China’s HDPE imports fell by 6% from July to 394,377 tons in August while imports were up by 16% on a year over year basis. Iran was the top supplier to China in August with 82,206 tons, followed by the United Arab Emirates (73,549 tons), Saudi Arabia (71,402 tons) and South Korea (40,242 tons).
LLDPE imports, meanwhile, increased 4.6% on a monthly basis to reach 206,213 tons in August. However, LLDPE imports slipped about 3.2% when compared to August 2014. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 69,720 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (30,438 tons) and Thailand (26,877 tons).
Imports for homo-PP were up by 3.3% on the month to reach 278,699 tons in August, although they declined by 5.2% when compared to the same month of the previous year. South Korea stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 73,307 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 40,658 tons.
PP copolymer imports rose around 1.6% month over month to 105,530 tons in August. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 22,407 tons, followed by Taiwan (21,013 tons) and Thailand (19,819 tons).
China’s PVC imports climbed 8.4% to 53,632 tons in August. The top PVC exporter to China in August was the United States (20,134 tons), followed by Japan (15,159 tons) and Taiwan (13,719 tons).
China’s PS imports slumped by around 16% month over month to 39,531 tons in August. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in August with 14,861 tons. Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for August posted a drop of 1.1% on the month to reach 120,623 tons. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 68,690 tons, followed by South Korea (37,523 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem