China’s polymer imports rebound on the month in July
The top five polymer exporters to China in July were South Korea (215,760 tons), Taiwan (177,344 tons), Saudi Arabia (166,817 tons), Iran (150,185 tons) and Singapore (129,180 tons).
In July, the country’s LDPE imports climbed by around 6.2% month over month to reach 177,508 tons while imports jumped about 8.2% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 38,390 tons, followed by South Korea (24,050 tons).
LLDPE imports increased 14.3% on a monthly basis to reach 197,124 tons in July. However, LLDPE imports slipped about 5% when compared to July 2014. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 52,130 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (36,905 tons) and Thailand (27,810 tons).
China’s HDPE imports rose by 4% from June to 418,358 tons in July while imports were also up by 6.7% on a year over year basis. Iran was the top supplier to China in June with 109,270 tons, followed by the United Arab Emirates (66,355 tons), Saudi Arabia (65,488 tons) and South Korea (45,643 tons).
Imports for homo-PP were up by 4.4% on the month to reach 269,672 tons in July, although they slumped 15.3% when compared to the same month of the previous year. South Korea stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 71,571 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 44,726 tons.
PP copolymer imports rose around 13% month over month to 103,830 tons in July. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 28,022 tons, followed by Taiwan (26,658 tons) and South Korea (15,985 tons).
China’s PVC imports declined 12.6% to 49,460 tons in July. The top PVC exporter to China in July was Japan (16,298 tons), followed by Taiwan (14,597 tons) and the United States (13,932 tons).
Meanwhile, China’s PS imports climbed around 33% month over month to 46,821 tons in July. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in July with 18,074 tons.
The country’s ABS imports for July posted a gain of 3% on the month to 122,000 tons, although imports were down around 10% year over year. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 68,550 tons, followed by South Korea (35,887 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions