China’s polymer imports rebounds September
China’s HDPE imports climbed 0.8% month over month to 333,307 tons in September while imports dipped 20% from a year earlier. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China with 74,988 tons of HDPE, followed by Iran (70,084 tons), South Korea (47,546 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (37,482 tons).
Among other PE products, LDPE imports posted a monthly increase of 18% and a yearly increase of 24% to reach 177,279 tons. LLDPE imports also jumped 11% on the month to reach 235,878 tons in September. The top LDPE supplier was Iran with 46,287 tons, followed by South Korea (23,544 tons). Singapore stood at the top of the LLDPE import list with 81,664 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (46,245 tons).
Imports for homo-PP gained 5.5% from the previous month to reach 310,378 tons. The top exporter to China was South Korea (80,484 tons), followed by Saudi Arabia (54,897 tons) and Singapore (41,295 tons). PP copolymer imports, on the other hand, were down 2% from August to 100,253 tons. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 26,530 tons followed by South Korea (22,207 tons).
For PVC, imports jumped 8.9% month on month to 54,690 tons while year-over-year imports decreased 10%. The top exporter was the United States with 21,567 tons, followed by Taiwan (14,097 tons) and Japan (13,492 tons).
China’s PS imports increased 3% month over month to 46,001 tons in September, while imports slumped 39% from a year earlier to hit their lowest September level since 2001. Taiwan was the top supplier with 17,573 tons, followed by Hong Kong (6,478 tons). ABS imports, meanwhile, declined 10.3% month over month to reach 124,818 tons in September. Taiwan was the top exporter to China with 62,494 tons, followed by South Korea (40,287 tons).
The top five polymer exporters to China in September were South Korea (235,955 tons), Saudi Arabia (200,003 tons), Singapore (162,576 tons), Taiwan (148,105 tons) and Iran (124,229 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons