China’s polymer imports rise in June
The top five polymer exporters to China in June were Saudi Arabia (217,477 tons), Taiwan (218,956 tons), South Korea (209,399 tons), the United Arab Emirates (132,787 tons) and Singapore (121,468 tons). Iran was not able to rank among the top five in June due to the payment issues when securing petrochemical goods from the country.
As for product-based breakdown, China’s HDPE imports climbed 4.8% in June when compared to the previous month to reach 491,438 tons. On a yearly basis, HDPE imports increased around 18%. Saudi Arabia was the top HDPE supplier to China with 113,100 tons, followed by the United Arab Emirates (81,208 tons) and Iran (75,017 tons).
LLDPE imports were 10.5% higher on a month over month basis to be reported at 220,954 tons in June. When compared to the same month of 2016, they increased by around 16%. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 56,903 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (46,948 tons) and Thailand (33,234 tons).
LDPE imports, on the other hand, decreased 16.5% from a month earlier to be reported at 152,428 tons. On a yearly basis, they were slightly down by 2.2%. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 30,745 tons, followed by Qatar (20,149 tons).
Imports for homo-PP were up by 2.2% from May to reach 231,748 tons in June while they retreated by 5.7% on a yearly basis. South Korea remained at the top of the homo-PP import list with 61,608 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (33,220 tons) and Taiwan (29,687 tons).
PP copolymer imports decreased 6.6% month over month to reach 84,486 tons in June. On a yearly basis, PP copolymer imports also declined around 16%. Taiwan was the top exporter to China with 28,025 tons, followed by Singapore (23,231 tons) and South Korea (13,252 tons).
China imported 52,798 tons of PVC in June, up by around 3.2% from the previous month. On a yearly basis, PVC imports declined 5.7%. Taiwan stood at the top of the June PVC import list with 25,375 tons, followed by the US (12,857 tons) and Japan (10,241 tons).
Imports for PS were slightly down by 1.1% on a month over month basis to reach 43,491 tons in June. When compared to the same month of 2016, they increased 11.5%. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China with 18,168 tons.
For ABS, the country’s June imports posted a monthly increase of 16% to reach 146,050 tons while they were up by around 15.8% from a year earlier as well. Taiwan was at the top of the ABS import list with 82,264 tons, followed by South Korea (39,283 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What will October unfold for Turkey’s PE markets?
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels