China’s polymer imports rise in September
The top five polymer exporters to China in September were South Korea (245,251 tons), Taiwan (173,506 tons), Singapore (159,973 tons), Saudi Arabia (155,431 tons) and Iran (141,392 tons).
In September, the country’s LDPE imports increased by 15% month over month to reach 201,677 tons while imports jumped about 14% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 52,497 tons, followed by Qatar (24,599 tons).
China’s HDPE imports were up by 10% from August to 433,154 tons in September while imports jumped 30% on a year over year basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China in September with 76,178 tons, followed by Iran (75,942 tons), the United Arab Emirates (57,401 tons) and South Korea (56,897 tons).
LLDPE imports increased 13% on a monthly basis to reach 232,548 tons in September while they edged down by 1.5% when compared to September 2014. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 78,500 tons, followed by Thailand (33,247 tons) and Saudi Arabia (24,855 tons).
Imports for homo-PP were up by 6.9% on the month to reach 297,804 tons in September, although they declined by 4% when compared to the same month of the previous year. South Korea stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 82,602 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 47,746 tons.
PP copolymer imports rose around 2.3% month over month to 107,995 tons in September. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 27,778 tons, followed by South Korea (20,771 tons) and Taiwan (19,413 tons).
China’s PVC imports climbed 6.6% to 57,194 tons in September. The top PVC exporter to China in September was the United States (24,485 tons), followed by Japan (14,140 tons) and Taiwan (13,871 tons).
China’s PS imports increased 6.5% month over month to 42,093 tons in September. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in September with 17,250 tons. Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for September posted a drop of 2.6% on the month to reach 117,507 tons. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 62,664 tons, followed by South Korea (40,533 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months