China’s polymer imports rise in September
The top five polymer exporters to China in September were South Korea (245,251 tons), Taiwan (173,506 tons), Singapore (159,973 tons), Saudi Arabia (155,431 tons) and Iran (141,392 tons).
In September, the country’s LDPE imports increased by 15% month over month to reach 201,677 tons while imports jumped about 14% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 52,497 tons, followed by Qatar (24,599 tons).
China’s HDPE imports were up by 10% from August to 433,154 tons in September while imports jumped 30% on a year over year basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China in September with 76,178 tons, followed by Iran (75,942 tons), the United Arab Emirates (57,401 tons) and South Korea (56,897 tons).
LLDPE imports increased 13% on a monthly basis to reach 232,548 tons in September while they edged down by 1.5% when compared to September 2014. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 78,500 tons, followed by Thailand (33,247 tons) and Saudi Arabia (24,855 tons).
Imports for homo-PP were up by 6.9% on the month to reach 297,804 tons in September, although they declined by 4% when compared to the same month of the previous year. South Korea stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 82,602 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia with 47,746 tons.
PP copolymer imports rose around 2.3% month over month to 107,995 tons in September. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 27,778 tons, followed by South Korea (20,771 tons) and Taiwan (19,413 tons).
China’s PVC imports climbed 6.6% to 57,194 tons in September. The top PVC exporter to China in September was the United States (24,485 tons), followed by Japan (14,140 tons) and Taiwan (13,871 tons).
China’s PS imports increased 6.5% month over month to 42,093 tons in September. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in September with 17,250 tons. Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for September posted a drop of 2.6% on the month to reach 117,507 tons. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 62,664 tons, followed by South Korea (40,533 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East