China’s property investments remain unchanged in April
Over the past year, the property sector has been supported by government stimulus measures, although excess inventories of unsold homes still weigh on prices in smaller cities.
The floor space of new construction starts increased 21.4% on the year in the first four months compared with a 19.2% hike in the first quarter.
New home sales rose 63.5% on the year to reach 793.7 billion yuan ($167 billion) in April following a 71% hike a month earlier, according to Bloomberg calculations based on NBS data.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect