China’s real estate investment and sales slow in October
Meanwhile, the floor area of properties sold grew 7.2%, slightly down from January-September period’s growth of 7.5%. However, new construction declined 13.9% from a year earlier, which is higher than the yearly drop of 12.6% in the first nine months.
Over the past months, home sales and prices have been supported by government stimulus measures, although most analysts feel that the property market is unlikely to see a real turnaround over the short term.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?