China’s trade surplus hits record high in October
Combined data for both exports and imports fell 8.5% in the first ten months of the year compared with the same period of the preceding year.
China’s economy grew 6.9% in the third quarter, falling below 7% for the first time since the first quarter of 2009. The Chinese government has lowered interest rates six times since November and cut reserve requirements for banks four times this year in order to spur the slowing economy. However, the recent data signaled that economic challenges remain and the Chinese economy needs more stimulus measures.
The possibility that the US Federal Reserve could implement a rate increase also exerts downward pressure especially on developing economies as the US dollar is already on a stronger note against many emerging countries’ local currencies.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe