China’s vehicle sales further up by 6.4% in Dec
Vehicles sales increased by 6.4% in December from a year earlier to reach 2.83 million units. The pace of increases slowed down when compared to a 12.6% gain in November, meanwhile.
However, the full-year sales in the world’s biggest auto market decreased by 1.9% year-on-year to 25.3 million units in 2020 due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?