China targets steady economic growth for 2018
China will reportedly prioritize investing in social fields namely education, healthcare and public services to boost the quality of economic growth. The country will also promote investment in innovation and entrepreneurship in emerging industries.
In line with the endeavor to rein in financial risks, the country previously announced a new set of rules on three Chinese policy banks to prevent them from over-lending.
In addition, the country is planning to invest CNY800 billion (about $122 billion) in road construction and renovation starting from next year.
On the other hand, the World Bank expects the country’s economic growth to lose steam due to the government’s tighter domestic policy. In line with the country’s new economic management policies laid out during the Central Economic Work Conference, the World Bank revised China’s economic growth forecast down to 6.5% for 2018, down from the estimate of 6.8% for 2017.
Meanwhile, the Chinese economy expanded by 6.8% in the third quarter of 2017. However, the country’s official manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) slowed slightly to the reading of 50.8 in November from 51 in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops