China to have more than 1.5 m tons of new PE capacity in 2017
The sources reported that Jiangsu Sailboat Petrochemical Co. Ltd started up its new 300,000 tons/year LDPE/EVA plant in Jiangsu in May 2017 while Zhong Tian He Chuang’s new 370,000 tons/year LDPE plant in Inner Mongolia started production in April 2017.
Also, Shenhua Ningmei will start up its 450,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line in Ningxia in July 2017 while Jiutai Energy’s new 250,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line in Inner Mongolia is likely to come on stream on the same period.
In addition, CNOOC’s Huizhou Refining & Chemical Corporation’s 490,000 tons/year new HDPE/LLDPE swing line in Guangdong is expected to start commercial productions in June 2017.
A total of 2.51 million tons/year of new PE capacities had been initially planned for 2017. However, it was later down to 1.86 million tons/year due to some delays in start-up schedules.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years