China to have more than 1.5 m tons of new PE capacity in 2017
The sources reported that Jiangsu Sailboat Petrochemical Co. Ltd started up its new 300,000 tons/year LDPE/EVA plant in Jiangsu in May 2017 while Zhong Tian He Chuang’s new 370,000 tons/year LDPE plant in Inner Mongolia started production in April 2017.
Also, Shenhua Ningmei will start up its 450,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line in Ningxia in July 2017 while Jiutai Energy’s new 250,000 tons/year HDPE/LLDPE swing line in Inner Mongolia is likely to come on stream on the same period.
In addition, CNOOC’s Huizhou Refining & Chemical Corporation’s 490,000 tons/year new HDPE/LLDPE swing line in Guangdong is expected to start commercial productions in June 2017.
A total of 2.51 million tons/year of new PE capacities had been initially planned for 2017. However, it was later down to 1.86 million tons/year due to some delays in start-up schedules.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September