China to invest in Bangladesh's first PVC plant
Wuhuan Engineering Co. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of state-owned China National Chemical Engineering Group Corp., has signed an agreement with Bangladesh’s Virgo Global for the construction of a 200,000 tons/year PVC plant. The company is expected to invest $215 million in the project.
The construction is planned to start this year and become operational by the end of 2018. Once the project is completed, Bangladesh will be able to produce locally instead of relying solely on importing PVC resin.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns