China to invest in Sarakhs Special Economic Zone
Also, one of the major state-owned Chinese companies showed its willingness to make investments in the same region in oil, gas, power plant building and petrochemical industries, the reports revealed.
Sarakhs SPEZ has a strategic location as it connects Central Asian markets, Russia and China to Persian Gulf states and Europe, Afghanistan and Pakistan, which attracted the attention of investors from countries such as South Korea, Italy and China over the past two years. Georgia, Turkey, Turkmenistan and Pakistan have also made investments worth $35 million in areas such as mini-refinery industry and production of construction materials.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?