China to invest in Sarakhs Special Economic Zone
Also, one of the major state-owned Chinese companies showed its willingness to make investments in the same region in oil, gas, power plant building and petrochemical industries, the reports revealed.
Sarakhs SPEZ has a strategic location as it connects Central Asian markets, Russia and China to Persian Gulf states and Europe, Afghanistan and Pakistan, which attracted the attention of investors from countries such as South Korea, Italy and China over the past two years. Georgia, Turkey, Turkmenistan and Pakistan have also made investments worth $35 million in areas such as mini-refinery industry and production of construction materials.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out