China will create world’s largest power utility
Shenhua’s listed unit, China Shenhua Energy Co Ltd, reportedly stated that Shenhua Group Corp. will absorb Guodian as part of the deal and the new company will be called National Energy Group. The coal-fired power assets will be combined with Guodian’s listed unit GD Power in order to have a new subsidiary that will include 40 plants across all major regions.
According to Bloomberg, analysts believe that Shenhua will reduce its dependence on coal-fired capacity by gaining some of Guodian’s clean energy assets. Guodian will be able to benefit from Shenhua’s coal supply, price risk management and its integrated infrastructure of railways, harbors and ships.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers