Chinese PET producer implements further price decreases
The source stated, “Demand remains subdued as buyers are still expecting to see further reductions. Local PTA supplies are still sufficient, yet we feel that PET prices are nearing the bottom after the recent decreases.”
According to data from ChemOrbis Price Index, local PET prices in China are currently hovering around their lowest levels since October 2009 while export PET prices are standing at their lowest levels since August 2010.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets