Chinese PP, PE markets open post-holiday period on a firm note
A trader reported that import PP and PE prices have firmed up by around $20-40/ton after the holidays, with the trader’s offers standing at $840-850/ton CIF, 90 days for Indian and Saudi Arabian homo-PP, at $1130/ton CIF, cash for Middle Eastern, Iranian and South Korean HDPE film and at $1140/ton CIF, cash for Thai LDPE film and Middle Eastern LDPE injection. “We have heard that a few deals for Middle Eastern LDPE film have been concluded at around $1140/ton CFR, although trading activity has not yet picked up as many buyers are still away from their desks,” the trader commented.
A distributor reported offering domestic cargoes at CNY6600/ton ($858/ton without VAT) for PP raffia, CNY9600/ton ($1248/ton without VAT) for LDPE film and at CNY8900-9000/ton ($1157-1170/ton without VAT) for LLDPE film, all on an ex-warehouse, cash inc VAT basis. “PP and LDPE prices are up around CNY200/ton ($30/ton) while LLDPE prices have risen by CNY100/ton ($15/ton) after the holidays. We believe that the size of any price increases will be limited as most converters will return to the market until next week,” the distributor added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem