Chinese PP offered to India, SE Asia
An agent in Thailand reported that they received an offer for Chinese coal based homo-PP raffia at $1260/ton CIF, cash. “We are planning to purchase this material to sell in our own market as we think that they will be competitive enough as no duties are applied on them,” he commented.
In Vietnam, a trader reported that they were offered conventional PP raffia for a Chinese origin at $1280/ton CIF, cash. He stated, “Demand is weak due to the ongoing rainy season and prices keep decreasing nowadays. Hence, we are not rushing to replenish our stocks.” Some Vietnamese converters also reported that they received even lower levels from major Chinese producer Sinopec for conventional PP cargoes.
In India, meanwhile, a trader stated that they placed bids for Sinopec’s conventional PP cargoes at $1150-1160/ton CIF, cash, adding that they are still negotiating with their supplier. “Our business has recently slowed down in the face of weak economic conditions,” he said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note