Chinese PVC players: Supplies will be affected by local agenda in H2
Inner Mongolia, China’s first autonomous region located in the northern part of the country has witnessed significant social and economic developments since its establishment in 1947. The region will celebrate its 70 years of rapid growth in August. Another milestone on China’s agenda in 2017 is The Communist Party of China’s 19th national congress which is scheduled to take place in the latter part of this year in Beijing.
A trader commented, “We think the celebration of Inner Mongolia’s rapid growth of 70 years along with the Communist Party’s 19th National Congress will have impacts on the operating rates of the upstream producers.”
Another trader noted, “In addition to the environmental inspections that are taking place in Inner Mongolia nowadays, the celebration of Inner Mongolia’s 70th anniversary of its establishment are expected to influence PVC supplies.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades