Chinese PVC players: Supplies will be affected by local agenda in H2
Inner Mongolia, China’s first autonomous region located in the northern part of the country has witnessed significant social and economic developments since its establishment in 1947. The region will celebrate its 70 years of rapid growth in August. Another milestone on China’s agenda in 2017 is The Communist Party of China’s 19th national congress which is scheduled to take place in the latter part of this year in Beijing.
A trader commented, “We think the celebration of Inner Mongolia’s rapid growth of 70 years along with the Communist Party’s 19th National Congress will have impacts on the operating rates of the upstream producers.”
Another trader noted, “In addition to the environmental inspections that are taking place in Inner Mongolia nowadays, the celebration of Inner Mongolia’s 70th anniversary of its establishment are expected to influence PVC supplies.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns