Chinese PVC producer lifts acetylene based offers despite demand
“Acetylene based PVC producers have to stand firm on their offers nowadays in the face of firmer costs. We slightly increased our offers to $860/ton FOB, cash due to the bullish run of coal prices. As for ethylene based PVC, however, we cut our offers by $20/ton from last week to $850/ton FOB, cash given the lack of demand,” commented the source.
Another acetylene based PVC producer said, “Despite weak demand, we are not able to give any discounts for acetylene based PVC given rising coal costs. We kept our export offer stable at $880/ton FOB, cash. Our current price is not competitive at all in the export markets. Hence, we mostly focus on our domestic market nowadays.”
The overall ranges for export prices from China are currently reported at $860-880/ton for acetylene based PVC and at $850-900/ton for ethylene based PVC.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce