Chinese PVC producer lifts acetylene based offers despite demand
“Acetylene based PVC producers have to stand firm on their offers nowadays in the face of firmer costs. We slightly increased our offers to $860/ton FOB, cash due to the bullish run of coal prices. As for ethylene based PVC, however, we cut our offers by $20/ton from last week to $850/ton FOB, cash given the lack of demand,” commented the source.
Another acetylene based PVC producer said, “Despite weak demand, we are not able to give any discounts for acetylene based PVC given rising coal costs. We kept our export offer stable at $880/ton FOB, cash. Our current price is not competitive at all in the export markets. Hence, we mostly focus on our domestic market nowadays.”
The overall ranges for export prices from China are currently reported at $860-880/ton for acetylene based PVC and at $850-900/ton for ethylene based PVC.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe