Chinese PVC producer lifts acetylene based offers despite demand
“Acetylene based PVC producers have to stand firm on their offers nowadays in the face of firmer costs. We slightly increased our offers to $860/ton FOB, cash due to the bullish run of coal prices. As for ethylene based PVC, however, we cut our offers by $20/ton from last week to $850/ton FOB, cash given the lack of demand,” commented the source.
Another acetylene based PVC producer said, “Despite weak demand, we are not able to give any discounts for acetylene based PVC given rising coal costs. We kept our export offer stable at $880/ton FOB, cash. Our current price is not competitive at all in the export markets. Hence, we mostly focus on our domestic market nowadays.”
The overall ranges for export prices from China are currently reported at $860-880/ton for acetylene based PVC and at $850-900/ton for ethylene based PVC.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global PET markets surge on heels of costs, tightness
- SE Asia PP uptrend fueled by China’s strong return
- US PE offers back in the game in global markets
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise to 5-month high in October
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene