Chinese PVC producer lifts acetylene based offers despite demand
“Acetylene based PVC producers have to stand firm on their offers nowadays in the face of firmer costs. We slightly increased our offers to $860/ton FOB, cash due to the bullish run of coal prices. As for ethylene based PVC, however, we cut our offers by $20/ton from last week to $850/ton FOB, cash given the lack of demand,” commented the source.
Another acetylene based PVC producer said, “Despite weak demand, we are not able to give any discounts for acetylene based PVC given rising coal costs. We kept our export offer stable at $880/ton FOB, cash. Our current price is not competitive at all in the export markets. Hence, we mostly focus on our domestic market nowadays.”
The overall ranges for export prices from China are currently reported at $860-880/ton for acetylene based PVC and at $850-900/ton for ethylene based PVC.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?