Chinese acetylene based PVC producers lift export prices
A source from an acetylene based PVC producer reported that they implemented an increase of $5/ton on their export prices, bringing their new offers to $675/ton on an FOB China, cash basis. The source stated that their offer is open to negotiations.
A source from another acetylene based PVC producer also stated that they raised their export prices to $700/ton FOB, cash this week. The source attributed their increase decision to firmer levels in the local market, commenting, “We see mediocre response to our new offers as buyers find offers for ethylene based PVC to be more competitive.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets