Chinese acetylene based PVC producers lift export prices
A source from an acetylene based PVC producer reported that they implemented an increase of $5/ton on their export prices, bringing their new offers to $675/ton on an FOB China, cash basis. The source stated that their offer is open to negotiations.
A source from another acetylene based PVC producer also stated that they raised their export prices to $700/ton FOB, cash this week. The source attributed their increase decision to firmer levels in the local market, commenting, “We see mediocre response to our new offers as buyers find offers for ethylene based PVC to be more competitive.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East