Chinese coal based PP offer shows up in Vietnam
“We tried to offer the same materials to Indonesia, but were not able to conclude many deals as Indonesia is applying a 10% customs duty on Chinese PP cargoes. Hence, we are mostly focusing on the Vietnamese market nowadays,” the trader commented.
In Vietnam, overall import homo-PP prices are currently reported at $1150-1260/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis. Within this range, Saudi prices stand at $1150-1210/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect