Chinese coal based PP offer shows up in Vietnam
“We tried to offer the same materials to Indonesia, but were not able to conclude many deals as Indonesia is applying a 10% customs duty on Chinese PP cargoes. Hence, we are mostly focusing on the Vietnamese market nowadays,” the trader commented.
In Vietnam, overall import homo-PP prices are currently reported at $1150-1260/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis. Within this range, Saudi prices stand at $1150-1210/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May