Chinese coal based PP offers emerge in SEA markets
A trader operating in Vietnam reported that they received an offer for Chinese coal based PP raffia and injection at a competitive level of $1250/ton CIF, cash. “We are now evaluating this offer as we find it competitive relative to Middle Eastern prices. Demand is slower in the local market while supplies remain sufficient. Hence, we are planning to wait for a while before deciding on our next purchase,” he commented.
Another trader based in Malaysia reported that they have some Chinese coal based homo-PP materials. The trader said that they are able to sell these cargos to Vietnam as Vietnamese buyers are finding the quality of the material acceptable. The trader added that they are also trying to improve their penetration of the Malaysian and Indonesian markets. The trader is offering Chinese homo-PP at $1250/ton CIF SEA, cash.
In Southeast Asia, overall import homo-PP raffia and injection prices are currently reported at $1250-1380/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback