Chinese coal based PP offers emerge in SEA markets
A trader operating in Vietnam reported that they received an offer for Chinese coal based PP raffia and injection at a competitive level of $1250/ton CIF, cash. “We are now evaluating this offer as we find it competitive relative to Middle Eastern prices. Demand is slower in the local market while supplies remain sufficient. Hence, we are planning to wait for a while before deciding on our next purchase,” he commented.
Another trader based in Malaysia reported that they have some Chinese coal based homo-PP materials. The trader said that they are able to sell these cargos to Vietnam as Vietnamese buyers are finding the quality of the material acceptable. The trader added that they are also trying to improve their penetration of the Malaysian and Indonesian markets. The trader is offering Chinese homo-PP at $1250/ton CIF SEA, cash.
In Southeast Asia, overall import homo-PP raffia and injection prices are currently reported at $1250-1380/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia