Chinese coal based PP offers emerge in SEA markets
A trader operating in Vietnam reported that they received an offer for Chinese coal based PP raffia and injection at a competitive level of $1250/ton CIF, cash. “We are now evaluating this offer as we find it competitive relative to Middle Eastern prices. Demand is slower in the local market while supplies remain sufficient. Hence, we are planning to wait for a while before deciding on our next purchase,” he commented.
Another trader based in Malaysia reported that they have some Chinese coal based homo-PP materials. The trader said that they are able to sell these cargos to Vietnam as Vietnamese buyers are finding the quality of the material acceptable. The trader added that they are also trying to improve their penetration of the Malaysian and Indonesian markets. The trader is offering Chinese homo-PP at $1250/ton CIF SEA, cash.
In Southeast Asia, overall import homo-PP raffia and injection prices are currently reported at $1250-1380/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia