Chinese companies express interest in SOCAR’s project in Azerbaijan
Rovnag Abdullayev, head of SOCAR, reported that they have not suspend construction of the complex while adding that they did suspended working with Japan’s Mitsui as they found their proposal to be ineffective.
The OGPC will be located 60 kilometers from Baku and is expected to produce around 800,000 tons/year of PE and 300,000 tons/year of PP. It will also house a refinery with a processing capacity of 8-9 million tons per year and a gas processing unit with a capacity of 12 billion cubic meters.
The construction cost of the OGPC is reported at $17.1 billion, which is planned to be financed with authorized and borrowed capital.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia